Saturday, July 22, 2006

Prayer For Persons Living With HIV/AIDS


Prayer for persons living with HIV/AIDS
by Rev. Robert Johnnene OFA
Mission Saints Sergius and Bacchus

Almighty and merciful God bring comfort to my heart and healing to my body that has been ravaged with illness. Help me to accept and bear this illness just as Jesus bore His sufferings for our sake.
May His beloved Mother who watched in horror while He suffered upon the cross for our sake, as my family and friends do now, intercede on my behalf asking Him to relieve me from the weakness and illness that has overtaken me and grant my loved ones the strength to accept God's will and only be filled with love and understanding.
I trust in you and accept your will as just Jesus did.
If it be thy will you wish to bring my time here on this earth to and end and call me home to you, I welcome your will with joy and anticipation so that I may join with the heavenly elect in giving you endless honor and praise.
AMEN