Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Prayers for GLBT Persons and Their Parents


Prayer For AID's Sufferers
by Rev. Robert Johnnene OFA
Mission Saints Sergius and Bacchus

Almighty and merciful God bring comfort to my heart and healing to my body which has been revaged with illness. Help me to accept and bear this illness as Jesus bore His sufferings for our sake.
May His beloved Mother who watched in horror while He suffered upon the cross for our sake, as my family and friends do now, interceede on my behalf asking Him to relieve me from the weakness and ilness that has overtaken me and grant my loved ones the strength to accept God's will and only be filled with love and understanding. I trust in you and accept your will as just Jesus did. AMEN

Ministry Prayer for GLBT Persons
Lord, You are my shepherd, the one who knows my voice, recognizes me, and calls me by name. You gather me up, hold me close, and feed me. You strengthen me, when I am weak, heal me when I am sick, and bind up my wounds. Lord, You are my shepherd, the one who refreshes my soul, invites me to the table, and welcomes me to dwell in Your house. I am your homosexual child, baptized into your flock, O Lord. My family and I cry out to you for shepherds here on earth, in our church and among ourselves, who, like you, know us, feed us, care for us, and invite us to your table. Amen
(Acknowledgement to the MLGC office of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles)

A prayer for parents of a GLBT person
(acknowledgement to the MLGC office of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles)
Thank you, Lord, for each other. Give us support, understanding and appreciation for where we are in our journey. Grant us the serenity to understand the precious ones you have given us and your will for them. Turn the darkness around us into light. Lord, open the hearts and eyes of parents who have abandoned their children and bring back those special children who have left your church. Help all our church leaders to show compassion in their ministry.All loving God, we place our thoughts and doubts, biases and viewpoints, plans and confusion into Your hands.Lead us in Your way. In Your will is our peace. Amen
Rev. Robert Johnnene OFA Mission Sts. Sergius and BacchusEmail: Mission_St_Sergius@msn.comWeb Site: www.missionstsergius.orgYahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EverlastingLoveOfChristMinistryMSN 360 Blog: http://missionstsergius.org/blog.htmlMSN Group Blog: http://missionstssergiusandbacchus.blogspot.com/